The Margaret Hickey Award – Applications Closed
The winner will be announced at the annual Bowens Women in Trade Event on March 24th, 2023.
About The Award
The Margaret Hickey Award was proudly organised and celebrated by Bowens. This award recognised women who had overcome barriers, excelled within a trade, supported fellow employees and contributed to making the building & construction industry a more inclusive place.
- You have worked within the construction and building industry for at least a year
- You are a female trade, builder, apprentice, building designer, architect, or work within a construction or building company in the office or onsite
- You live and work in Australia
You must meet at least three of the below points:
- You demonstrate leadership within the construction industry
- You are a positive role model within your workplace
- You contribute to a project or cause within your field (provide evidence)
- You have overcome obstacles to achieve success
- You have gone beyond your duties to create change
- You have shown initiative, leadership or advanced skills within your area.
- Won a $3,000 flight centre voucher to spend on accommodation, flights and activities of your choice
- Featured on the front page of Bowens Builders Bulletin Publication which is sent to over 20,000 readers
- Announced as the winner on Bowens social media channels of more than 7,500 followers