The Avant Collection™ is the newest addition to Outdoor Accents®, a full line of decorative timber connectors and fasteners from Simpson Strong-Tie. Featuring straight edges and chamfered corners, this new collection offers a clean, timeless design that complements nearly every architectural style.
This versatile hardware accommodates nominal timber sizes, providing the ﬂexibility you need when designing and building custom outdoor structures. With straight edges and chamfered corners, structural connectors in the Outdoor Accents® Avant Collection™ have a clean look that complements nearly every design. And with a black powder coat, and an innovative washer-and-fastener combo, you can bring both elegant design and structural strength to your outdoor living areas.
Features & Benefits
- Flat, T and L strap connectors bring decorative appeal and lateral strength to your outdoor living area or even an indoor project
- Fastener and washer create decorative bolt-like connections but install with the ease of a screw and without predrilling
- Post bases secure timber posts to concrete, while providing a 25mm standoff height to help prevent rot from standing water and ground moisture
- All hardware has been structural strength tested and approved, and can be used to resist wind or seismic loads
- Black Double-Barrier Coating offers a premium look while providing a medium level of corrosion protection for many outdoor applications
- Patent hex-head washer design facilitates easy installation
- Big seat for joists provides greater strength and support
- Concealed Joist Hanger with internal ﬂange for concealed ﬁxings, provides cleaner lines for outdoor structures
Pergolas, Patios, Arbours, Garden Gazebos, Garden Arches, Trellis, Outdoor Living, Outdoor Structures, Outdoor Decks
Connect Beams and Posts with Strap Ties
The ﬂat strap can be used to connect two beams together or added to any project as a decorative accent. The ﬂat T and L strap ties bring decorative ﬂair and structural strength to your outdoor living space or even an indoor project.
Strengthen Connections with Heavy and Light Angles
Outdoor Accents angles tie together beams, rafters and more. These angles make structural connections between beams and posts stronger and provide consistent, strong corners for
a variety of outdoor projects.
Secure Joists with Deck Joist Ties
The deck joist tie attaches 45 mm wide joists to the side of 90 mm or larger support posts. It installs quickly and easily with the Outdoor Accents structural SDWS timber screw and hex-head washer for the look of a bolted connection.
Accent Connections with Decorative Plates
The Look of a Bolt, the Ease of a Screw
A key feature of this collection is the Outdoor Accents hex-head washer. When combined with the SDWS Structural Timber screw, it provides the decorative appearance of a bolted connection. Its patented design makes for an easier and signiﬁcantly faster installation compared to through-bolting. The hex-head washer and structural timber screw are designed speciﬁcally to fasten Outdoor Accents post bases, T and L straps, angles and deck joist ties.
Features and Benefits
- Has been tested and can be used to resist wind or seismic loads
- Z550 ZMAX® galvanised steel with a black powder coat provides corrosion protection
- Fastener and patented hex-head washer create decorative bolt-like connections, but install with the ease of a screw without predrilling
• Connectors: ZMAX® galvanised with black powder coat
• Hex-Head Washer: Quik Guard® black coating for exterior use with a black powder-coat ﬁnish
• Fasteners: Double-Barrier black proprietary coating
Strap Tie (Flat Strap)
The APVST90300 Flat Strap works for Timber in both nominal and rough sizes. It can be used to connect two beams together or added to any project as a decorative accent. Installs with the Outdoor Accents structural screw and hex-head washer.
Strap Tie (T Strap & L Strap)
The APVT90 T Strap Tie and APVL90 L Strap Tie bring decorative ﬂair and lateral strength to your outdoor living space or even an indoor project. They provide reinforcement for connections where one timber piece intersects another at a 90° angle.
Outdoor Accents 90 degree Angles tie together beams, rafters and more. APVA90 Heavy Angle and APVA50 Light Angle make structural connections between beams
and posts stronger and provide consistent, straight corners for a variety of outdoor projects.
Deck Joist Tie
The APVDJT45 Deck Joist Tie attaches 45mm wide joists to the side of 90mm or larger support posts. It installs quickly and easily with the Outdoor Accents® structural timber screw and hex-head washer for the look of a bolted connection.